The following Terms and Conditions apply to contests organised by the Lien Centre for Social Innovation at Singapore Management University (the “Organiser”) or its subsidiary brands, including Social Space.
- Contests (each a “Contest) are open to all participants of at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and must be residing in Singapore. Employees of Singapore Management University, its affiliates, and subsidiaries, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes offered without notice to the participants. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Organiser will not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, tagged incorrectly, unreadable, ineligible, corrupted, misdirected, lost or delayed or are unable to be sent/published due to technical or transmissions failures of any kind or any other reason.
- Prize winners will be notified via contact details provided or direct messaging and announced on the Organiser’s website/social media accounts. Should the winner be uncontactable, the Organiser reserves the right to award the prize to a replacement winner or forfeit the prize.
- Winners must also present relevant documents at the point of prize collection to verify their identity and eligibility to participate in the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time without prior notice.
- Additional Terms and Conditions below also apply:
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
- The ‘Question of the Week’ Contest will run from 17 March 2020, 0900hrs till 19 April 2020, 2359hrs, Singapore Standard Time.
- Participants may only submit one entry each week. Multiple entries will be invalid and non-compliance may result in disqualification from the entire Contest.
- Participants must submit an entry via an online form found on the Contest website (https://socialspacemag.org/get-wide-awake) to qualify for the weekly lucky draws. A new question will be published weekly, every Tuesday, during the Contest in accordance to the following schedule;
Quiz 1: 17 March 2020
Quiz 2: 24 March 2020 (deadline for entry: 23 March 2020, 2359hrs)
Quiz 3: 31 March 2020 (deadline for entry: 30 March 2020, 2359hrs)
Quiz 4: 7 April 2020 (deadline for entry: 6 April 2020, 2359hrs)
Quiz 5: 14 April 2020 (deadline for entry: 13 April 2020, 2359hrs)
- Entries submitted after the respective weekly deadlines will be deemed invalid.
- There will be two (2) winners each week, a total of ten (10) winners during the Contest. Prizes include Starbucks Cards and NTUC Vouchers worth SGD20 each.
- The ‘#GetWideAwake’ Contest will run from 17 March 2020, 0900hrs till 19 April 2020, 2359hrs, Singapore Standard Time.
- Participants must ensure that his/her Instagram account settings allow for public view during the Contest and must use your own registered account.
- Photos or videos are accepted forms of content and participants may upload multiple entries, but must use the same registered account to do so.
- Participants must post a new photo within the Contest period to be eligible. Older photos that are tagged with the #GetWideAwake hashtag will be deemed invalid and not considered.
- In the event the Organiser is unable to verify the entry due to incorrect account settings, the entry will be considered invalid and voided.
- Entries will be judged based on relevance to the theme, creativity and impact. Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Organiser based on the judging criteria.
- There will be one (1) winner each week, a total of five (5) winners during the Contest. Winners will each receive a Starbucks Card worth SGD20.
- There will also be one (1) overall winner at the end of the Contest who will win the Grand Prize of a pair of Apple AirPods worth SGD239.
- By submitting an entry, each participant warrants and undertakes that:
he/she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights in the entry submitted, and that the entry do not infringe upon or violate any proprietary rights including without limitation, copyright, the right of privacy or publicity, nor constitute defamation against, nor violate any common law rights or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation;
he/she grants the Organiser a perpetual royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, display, print, edit or distribute the entry (or any part thereof) on all mediums and platforms worldwide; and
he/she shall indemnify and keep the Organiser and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of (i) any of infringement of third party rights arising from the Organiser’s use of the entry; and/or (ii) his/her breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
SHARE YOUR STORY IDEAS
- The ‘Share Your Story Ideas’ Contest will run from 17 March 2020, 0900hrs till 19 April 2020, 2359hrs, Singapore Standard Time.
- To qualify, participants must submit your original story ideas via the online form provided on the Contest website, before the deadline.
- The Organiser will review all entries and shortlisted participants will be contacted after the Contest ends.
- By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees and consents to the Organiser collecting, using and disclosing entries by the Participant ("Material") taken at or made during his or her participation in the Contest, for or in connection with the Organiser’s publicity and/or advertising campaigns across all media and platforms, whether now known or in the future invented, including without limitation in the Organiser’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials and on its websites, and whether in its original or edited format.
- By submitting your details (“Data”) and taking part in the Promotion, each Participant consents to the Organiser collecting, using and/or disclosing the Data within the Organisation, for the following purposes:
- Contacting the participant for matters in relation with this Contest; and
- Receiving marketing materials from the Organiser
- It is a condition of entry that winners consent to the publication of their names and social media platform identifiers (in the format of username, profile picture and/or submitted photo) on the relevant social media platforms for publicity purposes.
- By participating in the Contest, participants consent to the Organiser's use of their personal information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contest and also agree to the Singapore Management University’s Personal Data Protection Policy.
- The Contests and its Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all participants and the winners agree to irrevocably submit themselves to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.